HVAC Tips: 5 Simple Ways To Reduce Your Home HVAC Energy Consumption
As a homeowner, you are always looking for ways to reduce your energy consumption and save money. Your HVAC system is one of the biggest energy consumers in your home, so making some simple changes can have a considerable impact. Millar Heating & Air provides extensive heating and AC services in Murrieta, CA, and surrounding areas. Give us a call today at (951) 679-1331 to schedule an HVAC appointment.
Here Are Five Easy Ways To Reduce Your HVAC Energy Consumption:
- Get a programmable thermostat: A programmable thermostat is one of the best ways to reduce your HVAC energy consumption. You can set it to lower the temperature when you are away from home and raise it again as per your requirement. By ensuring the temperature is always at the perfect level, you can save a lot of money on your energy bills, prevent wear and tear on your HVAC system, and make your home more comfortable.
- Keep the temperature of your HVAC system stable: If you have your HVAC system set to a very high or low temperature, it has to work harder to maintain that temperature. It uses more energy and can cause damage to your system. Keeping the temperature of your HVAC system at a constant, comfortable level will reduce its energy consumption and extend its lifespan.
- Prioritize regular maintenance: One of the best ways to reduce your HVAC’s energy consumption is to keep it well-maintained. Having one of our professional HVAC technicians perform regular maintenance on your system will take care of a dirty air filter. Dirty air filters can restrict airflow, cause your system to work harder, and require more energy. An efficiently functioning heating or cooling system will reduce your HVAC’s energy consumption. Our certified technician will clean and tune up your system to ensure it runs correctly.
- Block sunrays: Window coverings can significantly affect how much energy is used to heat or cool your home. Let more sunlight into your house during the winter by leaving the drapes and shades on the south-facing windows open. You can also block sunrays by closing your blinds or curtains during the day in the summer. It will help keep your home warm in winter and cooler during summer by reducing the energy consumption of your HVAC system.
- Purchase energy-efficient equipment: When it’s time to replace your HVAC system, be sure to purchase an energy-efficient model. There are many energy-efficient products on the market right now. To compare energy usage, read the energy information sheets for various types, models, and designs. Energy-efficient HVAC systems use less energy and can save you money on your energy bill. They also tend to have a longer lifespan than traditional HVAC systems, so you’ll save money in the long run.
Millar Heating & Air For Additional HVAC Tips
We are always looking for ways to help our customers reduce their energy consumption. If you have any questions about HVAC energy reduction or want to schedule heating and AC repair in Murrieta, CA, contact us at (951) 679-1331. We are the leading HVAC contractor, and the surrounding areas. We would be happy to help you find ways to reduce your HVAC energy consumption and save money.