Often it is observed that human beings tend to possess abundant devices, equipment, and gadgets; however, they fail to have adequate knowledge regarding the same. We try to remember the mere dos and don’ts of the particular item to avoid any inconveniences. Yet, there are instances when things go quite haywire, all because of our ignorance and unawareness
One such device our households contain is a furnace. Furnaces are heat-producing equipment, which generates heat using gas, fuel, or electricity. The produced heat is spread across space through ducts and vents.
Like any other HVAC equipment, a furnace can easily get worked up and result in a breakdown. Such a failure can be avoided by contacting a technician for furnace repair in Murrieta, CA. If the problems are minor, the homeowner can do it on their own if they are familiar with a furnace’s parts and its functioning.
Parts of a Furnace
Generally, we focus on the overall working of the furnace and fail to pay attention to its building constituents. The furnace is made up of numerous parts, but the major parts are:
- Thermostat: The thermostat is a type of switch, which helps switch the furnace on and off. It also helps in regulating the hot and cold air produced by the HVAC. The thermostat sends a signal to the furnace on switching on, which turns the gas valve open.
- Gas Valve: The gas valve is the part that ignites the burner component present under the combustion chamber. It initiates the heat-producing process. The gas valve works with the thermostat and controls the amount of gas entering the furnace.
- Heat Exchanger: The heat exchanger is the most significant part of a furnace. The gas released by the gas valve enters the heat exchanger, and the metal walls absorb the heat from the gas. Then, the absorbed heat is circulated through the looped tubes of the heat exchanger, transferring the heat to the air. This part of the furnace has to be taken great care of as any leaks or cracks can result in leakage of carbon monoxide, which is a dangerous gas.
- Blower Motor: A blower motor contains a fan, which sends a current of air through the appliance. The air passes through the heat exchanger, and the heat is transferred into the air. This heated air then finally reaches you through the vent or ductwork system. Your cold house then transforms into a warm blanket.
- Air Filters: The air filter is located near the blower motor, and its job is to improve the quality of the air. Also, it protects the blower motor. Furnace parts other than the air filter immediately require a furnace repair in Murrieta, CA, as soon as the furnace indicates irregularities.
Half-knowledge is Hazardous!
Knowing the parts of a furnace is not enough. You need to be a professional to look into the technical matters of a furnace if it ever breaks down; otherwise, things can get a little heated! Hiring a skilled technician is essential.
Millar Heating & Air gives one of the best heater services in Murrieta, CA, and has a team of efficient technicians working in the HVAC sector for several years. Additionally, we provide ductwork, air purification, and humidity. Get in touch with us today! We also offer heater installation in Murrieta, CA at an affordable price.