We usually think that dust and dirt are the only things that can damage our air conditioners. However, these are just two of those many things that can damage your air conditioners. There are many other things and components that can cause unwanted harm to your system.
If you do not tend to these damage-causing factors, they can break down your whole system, and you will have to pay a hefty amount for its repair and service. So, it is better to identify these causes beforehand not to have to spend unwanted money.
Factors that can break down your HVAC system
The following factors can be one of the possible reasons for your AC breakdown:
- Refrigerant level: The role of refrigerants is to dissipate heat and moisture from the air inside your home. If there is a leak in the refrigerant lines, the refrigerant level will lower down no matter how many times you refill it. Usually, owners replace the refrigerant instead of checking for leaks. This replacement is futile unless you repair the leaks in the lines.
- Accumulation of ice on evaporator coils: The evaporative coils contain the refrigerant and absorb heat from the environment. If the air surrounding them cools down, they may develop an ice layer on them. So, you will be receiving either warm or no air. Only an expert technician can solve this problem from a company related to AC repair in Murrieta, CA.
- Condenser coils: Condenser coils dissipate the hot air from your house. They will not function as much if there is dust or dirt on them. Your system will consume more electricity and will have to work harder if the condenser coils are dirty. It can lead to major damages if not taken care of properly.
- Fan: One fan works with the evaporator coil in a single unit, and another fan works with the condenser. If one of them does not work properly, it affects the entire system. It can lead to damage to your compressor and the breakdown of your system.
- Duct: The ductwork network carries cool air through the walls of your home. If there are any leaks or holes in this network, the air leaks through them and gets trapped inside the walls. Your electricity bills rise due to this issue.
- Thermostat: If you use the dial-type thermostat units, you may or may not be able to set it at the right temperature all the time. It means that your system will not get the proper instructions, and it will not work properly. Even programmable thermostats can make these mistakes.
- Drains: Drains transfer the excess moisture outside. Clogged drains can cause water leakages in the walls and furnishings. It can cause mold growth.
If you face any major issues related to the above points and cannot solve them on your own, consider contacting Millar Heating & Air, one of the best companies for AC service in Murrieta, CA. They will ensure that your problems are solved satisfactorily and do not cause further damage to your system.